official about me: I love writing, I love watching movies and I love giving unwarranted criticism on subjects that are probably beyond the scope of my understanding. Hence, I have decided to make this blog to “review” anything that crosses my way.
actually about me: My name is Caitlin and now have reached the abyss of my 20s where I feel more directionless than ever. I’m a medical student trying her hardest to waste as much time as possible; perpetually on the search for a better (free) wordpress theme.
the lowdown on a select few of my favourite films:
- The Dark Knight (2008) – the first movie that made me think of cinema as an art
- It’s Complicated (2009) – my favourite feel good rom-com
- Scott Pilgrim vs The World (2010) – a fun movie that I always come back to (also Edgar Wright!!! What a director!)
- Spirited Away (2001) – someone described this movie as the closest thing to a dream and they were right
- Howl’s Moving Castle (2004) – my favourite Studio Ghibli production (roughly tied with Spirited Away), has a real sense of magic to it
- La Dolce Vita (1960) – what a movie and what a soundtrack!
- A Single Man (2009) – the cinematography, soundtrack and Colin Firth’s performance genuinely changed how I saw film
- L.A. Confidential (1997) – a great neo-noir film that I have watched a million times
- Brokeback Mountain (2005) – the only movie to leave me emotionally destroyed for a week after watching
- Donnie Darko (2001) – mysterious, angsty and I love it
- Midnight in Paris (2011) – it pains me to put a Woody Allen film on my favourites list, but I really loved this movie
- Kill Your Darlings (2013) – Daniel Radcliffe and Dane Dehaan star in this beautiful coming of age film based on a young Allen Ginsberg and Lucien Carr